Thursday, August 04, 2011

Continuing on my obsession with chocolate chip cookies.... I made several batches for Mr S' school carnival... which truth be told was a little while ago now. I am just catching up on my blogging... and this is when the pictures below were taken... but I made them again a few weekends ago and froze batches, which I am now baking as required for school lunches. I cooked one batch last Monday morning as I scooted around ironing clothes, making breakfast and generally doing the early morning panic thing. So so so so so good.

The recipe is so simple.

Mix 125g of softened butter and 1 1/4cups of brown sugar together. Stir in 1 egg and some vanilla essence. Sift in 1 1/2 cups of plain flour, 1/2 tspn of baking powder and mix to combine. Lastly mix in a bag of chocolate chips (the more the better... well pretty much...). Roll into balls and cook in a moderate oven for 10 - 15 mins.... Voila


PS - How do you like my mixing bowl... I have always always always wanted a set of these Mason Cash traditional English mixing bowls... and I finally splurged. There is a very sweet little shop in Mornington that sells them, along with many other delights.... cornish ware, Villoroy & Boch... mmmmmmm...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home